Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Rehearsal Dinner

My sister's rehearsal dinner, which wasn't a rehearsal at all- it was a party!!!- was at a fun seafood restaurant with yummy food and a live band. Family all attended and I think we had about a dozen people there. Here are some fun pictures from the evening (and see below for a REALLY embarrassing Jamie moment!). Here is my mom, my mom's mom A.K.A Mamma, and me. Me and the bride- my beautiful sister, Kari.
Johnny with Grandpa Fred and my Step-dad, Gary.
My sister Ashley with her new husband, Mike. They were married in September!
Here is Brandon's family.
OK... time for my MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT! Really... It was super embarrassing. The live band- who were actually pretty good- asked what parties were going on at the retaurant that evening. There were birthdays and then of course Kari, being the outgoing gal that she is, said, "I'm getting married tomorrow!". So, the band wanted to sing "Going to the Chapel" for the blushing bride- which I thought was a super good idea UNTIL... Kari announced that her sister (pointing to me) sang opera... thrown under the bus!!!!! REALLY! I was ambushed! Kari dragged me up on stage and we made Ashley come too- the more the merrier. The band- who I loathed at this point- handed us tamborines and proceeded to sing "Going to the Chapel" to Kari while we were playing backup and trying not to be totally embarrassed.

THEN... the lead singer handed me the mic and asked me to sing a song for the retaurant. She wanted to hear some opera. SURE! Why not embarrass myself infront of Brandon's family- who I just met. The lady literally shoved the microphone down my throat--- So, for your listening pleasure watch the video below for the most embarrassing moment of my life... thank you Kari and carzy band lady!




2 comments:

  1. No one tied you down and tortued you to sing Jamie! Come on you know you love to perform! Sounded beautiful and I'm sure it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound fantastic, as always!! What a fun wedding. Hugs & love, my friend!

    ReplyDelete