Thursday, February 16, 2012

Playa del Carmen

Johnny and I went to Mexico this last week and had a BLAST together! We stayed in an all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We stayed right on the beach and had so much fun sight-seeing, shopping, eating and just plain-old relaxing! Here we are at a Chichen Itza, a Mayan ruin. It was absolutely AMAZING!

This is our hotel, Playacar Palace... gorgeous right?!
Johnny swimming in the ocean
Here we are at Tulum, another Mayan ruin. It was right by the ocean- if I was a Mayan I would have chosen to live here! It was beautiful!
Dinner on the beach
The view out our balcony
We went to XCaret and swam in underground tunnels. It was 1,800 feet long and so fun! We started in the middle of the park and the tunnels ended up right at the ocean at the other end of the park. It was fun swimming in the dark and looking up through the limestone skylights they created.
This is the beginning of the underground tunnels and the water was FREEZING! The only reason why I got in was because there was a line behind me! We got used to it though and it was great!
We swam with dolphins! This is Ballam, which means Jaguar in Mayan. He is 10 feet long and over 600 pounds! I had never done this before and I LOVED it! Definately a MUST for anyone thinking of doing it!
Here is Johnny dancing with Ballam.
Such a fun week!

2 comments:

  1. The more I see and hear of this trip sounds amazing and like a once in a lifetime opportunity. That is so great! I'm sure the weather was awesome, esp. as I sit her in the Idaho cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! makes me want to actually go to Mexico. . . which I have no desire to go. You look so happy! love it

    ReplyDelete