Thursday, June 9, 2011

MCO in Salt Lake City!

I had the opportunity to go to Salt Lake City this last week and record an Oratorio entitled "Messiah In America". I am part of the East Valley Mormon Choral Organization and we teamed up with the Orange County, CA half of the choir to record and perform this work by our director, Brett Stewart. There were 400 Adult Choir singers, 200 Children's Choir singers, and 200 Orchestra members who all worked so hard for this recording. We recorded for 24 hours total in Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City and then performed in the Tabernacle on Temple Square and then a second performance in Abravanel Hall which BYU TV filmed! It was an amazing experience in which I learned so much! I will NEVER forget it!
The EVMCO 1st Soprano Section! Top left to right: Tiffany, Heather, Elise, Ashley, Rochelle, Courtney; bottom left to right: Jamie, Lisa, Jen, Kira, and Paige.

Here is a look at Abravanel Hall! It was gorgeous!

Me, Courtne, Paige and Elise decked out in out MCO shirts!

The organ in the Tabernacle is absolutely as beautiful and grand as it is on TV! Here we are all rehearsing for our concert!

Courtney and Jen sat next to me all through the recordings. These gals have BEAUTIFUL voices! It was a privilege to sing with them!

EVMCO and OCMCO first sopranos waiting for the recordings to start!

Some of us outside the Salt Lake Temple... soaking in the sun!

I will NEVER forget this trip! i learned so much about music and about myself. I am so grateful for music and for EVMCO!

4 comments:

  1. How fun to enjoy yourself and leave the kids behind! Glad you were able to make that trip to SLC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a member of EVMCO (in the youth choir)it was a great opportunity and so much fun
    - Maddy Hipps

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool experience. And, random coincidence, Brett Stewart is my old roommate's brother-in-law (married to her sister). She is always talking about the work he does in OC on her blog. Very cool that you got to sing his work. He is quite talented (as are you). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie! I am a new choir member singing S2 this semester. Reading this post makes me even more excited to be a part of such a stellar group! I'll see you around at practices. :)

    ReplyDelete