Saturday, October 24, 2009

BIRTHDAYS

Today we celebrate 2 very special birthdays! Emma and my brother Craig share October 24th as their special day and I wanted to share some special memories about each of them.

Emma was born on October 24th 2002 in Topeka, Kansas at 12:30am. When we saw our little girl for the first time we feel in love. She was perfect! 7 pounds 6 ounces, 19 inches long, 10 fingers and 10 toes and LOTS of dark hair! She had lots of visitors who fell in love with her little cherub face instantly... I am amazed at a mother's love. I didn't think I could love her more than when she was first born but that love has grown as I watch her grow and become who she is meant to be. Emma loves music... she sings all the time! She has since she was a little baby. She loves first grade and is learning how to read and be a good friend. I can't believe she is 7 today. How time flies!













































Forever our little princess...



















Emma can light any room with her smile



















Our sweet angel



















Emma is such a great big sister to John and Grace. She loves her family and takes care of everyone she knows, treating them with kindness. Here she is with the Alston family.












Happy 7th Birthday Emma Kay! We sure love you!














Today I also celebrate my brother, Craig's birthday. He was such a sweet son, brother, cousin and friend. It was so fun to call him on his birthday in 2002 and tell him that he shared his birthday with Emma. I asked him if it was OK and he said it was cool to share it with his niece. Here are some of my favorite pictures of Craiger- McGregor througout his life.













He was a precious toe-headed little imp! He loved to play "Rambo" in the woods and master the universe with his swords. We, his sisters, would be off playing house and he would be tackling the bad guys in the pine forest that was our backyard.
































Since Craig's birthday was always around Halloween we would put together a haunted house in our basement for his party. The neighbors would get invloved and we would all get dressed up in costumes and create what was sure to be the scariest, funnest haunted house ever! We had so much fun. One year, Craig was into Ghost Busters. My Mom had a friend drive an old ambulance over to our house to be the Ghost Buster car and we all got a ride in it. Here Craig is with all his friends in front of the car.













Here Craig and I are dancing at a wedding. I tried to make him dance with the other girls but he just wanted to dance with me. It made me feel so special! He was such a great brother always taking care of all us. His sweet disposition and kindness was felt by so many people througout his life.



















Craig was the BEST uncle to his nieces: Emma and Grace and Nephews: John and Mason. Here he is with Emma at the cottage. He loved playing games with Emma and she adored him.



























This is our family picture from my Mom and Gary Clark's wedding in July 2005. I am so grateful for our family.













In January 2009 our sweet Craiger McGregor passed away. But today I think of him on his birthday and feel him near me, giving me a thumbs-up that he is OK and that he is happy. I am grateful for my brother. I love him and I will always remember his caring, loving personality. I know that it is no coincidence that Emma and Craig share a birthday and I am so grateful we have something to celebrate on his birthday. Happy Birthday Craiger McGregor, we sure love you!



















3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emma! It's so fun to see pictures of her growing up and to just remember when. I love the pictures and stories of Craig. You're lucky to have two special birthdays to celebrate on one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I received a gift from my best friend in the whole world. Mariah pulled open the box and handed her teary-eyed mommy a beautiful candle and two notes. I cried happy tears as I thought back on all the great years I've had as your friend. Now--as I read through the posts and look at the special pictures of two of the most important people in your life--I wish, desperately, that I could give you the same amount of comfort, compassion, and love that you have given me. You are such an amazing prson, and I know that days like today may take you to the edge of emotion and back again. Just know that I love you unconditionally, and that even on hard days--I'm here for you. I'm just a phone call away. Thank you for the precious gift. You made my week!!!!
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie

    I love your post. The most tender ones really are the best! Craig and John John look so much alike! {{Hugs}}
    Love you
    Ash

    ReplyDelete